• Switch Edition
Follow
Story
Granada confident of opening coverage despite strike threat
London
September 24, 1999

Despite a threatened strike by technicians TV Company Granada claim that coverage of the opening ceremony next Friday will not be affected.
Members of the technicians union, BECTU have threatened the action between 1pm and 3pm on the 1st October, which would black out coverage of the ceremony.
"We have called a two-hour stoppage next. It will mean that the opening ceremony from the World Cup rugby could be lost," said Gerry Morrissey, the deputy general secretary of BECTU.
Morrissey said workers were dismayed by what they saw as low pay and the loss of a profit-related pay scheme.
However Granada said the majority of BECTU members had already accepted their recent pay offer.

Live Scores
Results
Fixtures