ESPNscrum's 2012 Quiz of the Year
December 20, 2012
He is prolific for club and country and features in our quiz of 2012 © Getty Images
Conversation running a bit dry with the extended family over Christmas? Well kick back with ESPNscrum's quiz of the year and see how many you can get.
1. How many tries were scored in the 2011-12 Top 14 semi-finals and final?
2. Who was named the 2012 Six Nations Player of the Tournament?
3. Which two players scored the most tries in the 2012 Super Rugby season?
4. Tim Visser, who made his debut for Scotland this year, has been the leading try-scorer in the RaboDirect PRO12 for the past three years, but who took the honour back in the 2008-09 season?
5. Who was confirmed as the 2013 British & Irish Lions head of medical earlier this month?
6. Who was the first player to be sin-binned in the 2012-13 Aviva Premiership season?
7. Which two players clashed heads celebrating Scotland's win over Australia back in June?
8. Who took the honour of captaining Wales the most times when he skippered the team against Samoa?
9. Two players scored six tries in a match for their country in a Test in 2012, can you name them?
10. Who was the leading points scorer on the Test stage out of the tier one nations in 2012? And for an extra point - who was the overall leading points scorer?
11. Who scored the first try of the Rugby Championship? And the last? (Two points)
12. How many different 'home' grounds have Saracens had since their first pre-season match in 2012?
13. Who did London Welsh overcome in the final of the 2011-12 Championship?
14. Charlie Hodgson broke the 2000-points mark in the Premiership this year, but who are currently second and third in the list behind the Sarries marksman? (Two points)
Sonny Bill Williams secured a bumper pay-day in 2012 but how much is it worth? © Getty Images
15. Who made his 250th appearance for Wasps back in September?
16. Following Wales' third Grand Slam in seven years, who are the three players who played in each of the winning teams? (worth three points)
17. Who said this? "I had my first refereeing sodomy in the semi final [last season] against Clermont. I've just had my second tonight. It appeared to hurt the first time but it was just as bad this time. We will review the images not on Youtube but on YouPorn."
18. How many different countries' teams lined up in the 2012-13 Amlin Challenge Cup? And for another point - can you name the different nations?
19. How much was Sonny Bill Williams' contract with the Panasonic Wild Knights reportedly worth?
20. Who was the top try-scorer in the 2011-12 HSBC Sevens World Series? And who was the 2012 IRB Sevens Player of the Year? (Two points)
21. Who scored the only try in the 2012 Currie Cup final?
22. How many games did Jamie Roberts play for the Blues in 2012?
23. Who scored the last try in the 2012 RaboDirect PRO12 final?
How did you fare?
0-5: Switch off Strictly and the X-Factor and get training
(Answers: 1. None; 2. Wales' Dan Lydiate; 3. Bulls' Bjorn Basson and Hurricanes' Andre Taylor; 4. Glasgow's Thom Evans with nine tries; 5. Dr. James Robson; 6. Bath's Matt Banahan; 7. Alasdair Strokosch and Joe Ansbro; 8. Ryan Jones; 9. Yoshikazu Fujita and Facundo Barrea; 10. Wales' Leigh Halfpenny (145) and Japan's Ayumu Goromaru; 11. New Zealand's Israel Dagg and Argentina's Juan Imhoff; 12. Eight; 13. Cornish Pirates; 14. Andy Goode (1737 points) and Olly Barkley (1588 points); 15. Tim Payne; 16. Ryan Jones, Adam Jones and Gethin Jenkins; 17. Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal; 18. Six (England, Italy, Wales, France, Romania and Spain); 19. £788,000; 20. Mathew Turner (England) with 38 and Tomasi Cama (New Zealand) 21. Juan de Jongh; 22. Twelve; 23. Shane Williams)
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Jonny Wilkinson is the face of Toulon but whisper it, they might be a better team without him. Paul Eddison examines the case for dropping the talisman
"It does sometimes get tough as you get older, but there's nothing else I'd rather do." Tom Hamilton talks to fly-half Dan Carter
Stingers, a rampaging Fijian and two Dannys looking to be champions of the world - Monday Maul looks at some key talking points
The latest Week in Pictures takes in the Top 14, Super Rugby and the Aviva Premiership with fireworks and monsters both featuring