Heineken Cup quarter finals confirmed
January 20, 2008
The eight qualifiers from the pool stages and the draw for the quarter finals of the Heineken Cup have been confirmed by ERC.
The quarter finals will take place in the weekend of 4/5/6 April.
2) London Irish - Pool 1 winners - 24 points / 25 tries
3) Gloucester Rugby - Pool 2 winners - 24 points / 24 tries
4) Toulouse - Pool 6 winners - 20 points / 13 tries
5) Cardiff Blues - Pool 3 winners - 20 points / 12 tries
6) Munster - Pool 5 winners - 19 points / 13 tries
7) Perpigan - Best runner-up - Pool 1 runner-up -22 points / 20 tries
8) Ospreys - Second best runner-up - Pool 2 runner-up - 21 points / 16 tries
Quarter Final draw
Huw Richards assesses where Wales are after a mixed Six Nations, with front row seats still very much available for the World Cup
John Mitchell lapped up the action on 'Sensational Saturday' - but warns not to expect a repeat come Rugby World Cup time later this year
Craig Dowd warns England, Ireland and Wales they should play to their strengths rather than those of the All Blacks and the Wallabies
Tom Hamilton runs the rule over just where the six countries stand ahead of the global gathering in September