Heineken Cup quarter finals confirmed
January 20, 2008
The eight qualifiers from the pool stages and the draw for the quarter finals of the Heineken Cup have been confirmed by ERC.
The quarter finals will take place in the weekend of 4/5/6 April.
2) London Irish - Pool 1 winners - 24 points / 25 tries
3) Gloucester Rugby - Pool 2 winners - 24 points / 24 tries
4) Toulouse - Pool 6 winners - 20 points / 13 tries
5) Cardiff Blues - Pool 3 winners - 20 points / 12 tries
6) Munster - Pool 5 winners - 19 points / 13 tries
7) Perpigan - Best runner-up - Pool 1 runner-up -22 points / 20 tries
8) Ospreys - Second best runner-up - Pool 2 runner-up - 21 points / 16 tries
Quarter Final draw
The rolling maul is becoming an increasingly potent attacking weapon. Conor O'Shea looks at the difficulties of stopping it
The news of James Horwill, Adam Ashley-Cooper and Dan Carter's respective transfers will open the floodgates, writes Tom Hamilton
Kiwi coaches can be found far and wide across the globe, and Murray Mexted believes the All Blacks benefit every bit as much as their rivals
Clermont, Toulon, player burnout, Sam Burgess and a farewell to Adams Park - Monday Maul looks back at the weekend's action