Heineken Cup quarter finals confirmed
January 20, 2008
The eight qualifiers from the pool stages and the draw for the quarter finals of the Heineken Cup have been confirmed by ERC.
The quarter finals will take place in the weekend of 4/5/6 April.
2) London Irish - Pool 1 winners - 24 points / 25 tries
3) Gloucester Rugby - Pool 2 winners - 24 points / 24 tries
4) Toulouse - Pool 6 winners - 20 points / 13 tries
5) Cardiff Blues - Pool 3 winners - 20 points / 12 tries
6) Munster - Pool 5 winners - 19 points / 13 tries
7) Perpigan - Best runner-up - Pool 1 runner-up -22 points / 20 tries
8) Ospreys - Second best runner-up - Pool 2 runner-up - 21 points / 16 tries
Quarter Final draw
Jim Mallinder and Justin Burnell were sat on the same top table, but in different circumstances. Tom Hamilton reports on the Aviva Premiership season launch
Tom Hamilton reports back from the launch of the Guinness PRO12 where there is a renewed sense of optimism with all of the off-field changes to the league
So much for the great Australian revival, writes Greg Growden. It now has the potential of going off the rails after the capitulation at Eden Park
The latest Week in Pictures takes in photographs from the Rugby Championship, the Top 14 and the southern hemisphere domestic scene